What you’ll learn
The Course Goal is to provide learners with in-depth knowledge of BGP
Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable interdomain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
Use BGP policy controls to influence the route selection process
Use BGP attributes to influence the route selection process
Implement the correct BGP configuration to successfully connect the customer network to the Internet in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections
Identify common BGP scaling issues and enableroute reflection and confederations as possible solutions to these issues in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
Use available BGP tools and features to optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical BGP network
Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is the routing technology that enables the largest and most sophisticated network in the world today – the Internet.
BGP is also one of the critical underlying foundations of new-world technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
trained by expert dual CCIE certified with 10 + years of training and working experience in production networks.
This must-have advanced routing course covers the theory of BGP, configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, detailed troubleshooting information and hands-on exercises that provide students with the skills needed to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in customer environments.
Different service solutions in the curriculum cover BGP network design issues and usage rules for various BGP features.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be prepared to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble free BGP networks.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone interested in running BGP to create reliable connectivity to the Internet.
- Technical engineers and delegates seeking Cisco certifications including CCNP RS or CCNA/CCNP Service provider or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE Routing & Switching Version 5 ) or CCIE Service Provuder V3.
- This course is recommended for any student interested in mastering advanced Internet and related Cisco technologies.
- BGP Basics
- Internal BGP Neighbors
- External BGP neighbors
- BGP Attributes
- Influencing BGP Route Selection using Weight & Local Preference
- Influencing BGP Route Selection Using AS-path Preprend & MED
- BGP Summarization
- BGP Communities
- Route Filtering in BGP
- AS-Path Filters